I’m going to do a WIAMonday and a day in the life-ish, plus a random survey cause why not?
9:10am: I woke up and had a bowl of 365 brand Organic Frosted Flakes while I checked emails and read some blogs. I used to skip breakfast before the gym, but with being pregnant, that’s not going to happen these days! I also brushed my teeth and threw on some gym clothes.
9:50am: Left for the gym.
10am: Did an hour long leg workout at Elite Edge. I was really over it because of how tired I’ve been getting while working out, but my legs always get so sore from doing these leg workouts there and I absolutely love it!
11:10am: Got home from the gym and read blogs. I was feeling pretty nauseated and weak from working out and didn’t want to eat or move, even though I really try hard to get some protein in within an hour of the gym. But sometimes, that just doesn’t happen anymore. Even the thought of drinking protein makes me nauseated.
12:15pm: Decided to eat something. I ended up making two eggs, about 1/2 cup of ranchero beans, about a cup of hash browns, and added 1 1/2 slices of colby jack cheese and about 4 tablespoons of sour cream. It was delicious! I ate this while sitting on the couch and catching up on Naked and Afraid from last night. I was still feeling really weak and typically eating really helps me feel better, but I was still feeling rough. I thought maybe some more food would help even thought I just ate.
1pm: I ate 8 strawberries mixed with 1/2 honey Noosa yogurt and about 1/4 cup Udi’s vanilla granola while Naked and Afraid finished up. I had actually stopped eating yogurt completely awhile ago because it upsets my stomach, but since I’m not eating meat much, I want to get more protein in. And I really just want yogurt and since I don’t feel well most of the time anyway, why not?!
1:45pm: Naked and Afraid ended and I still had no energy at all, even after more food. I decided to take a quick nap before hopping in the shower.
2:40pm: Woke up feeling super weak still. Checked my resting heart rate and it was 100-105. No wonder I was feeling so weak. I decided I need to really increase my water intake but I just get so full from drinking so much water and I always. have. to. pee. now! I got up, hopped in the shower, and got ready.
3:15pm: Left my house to go have my retainer remade.
3:40pm: The dental assistant showed me the expected bill of $522 for a new retainer! I about had a panic attack! I told her the last time it was made, it was way cheaper. She checked my chart and said she’d be back. She came back and said it’d be $100. It was what I paid last time (years and years ago when I used to work for the same dentist) and apparently she asked Dr. Grady about it and he said to only charge me for that, which is the lab fee. I’m so glad I used to work for him! Whew! Saved me $422!
4:30pm: Arrived back at my house. Read more blogs. Sat on my couch. Tried to clean up the house a little.
5:45pm: Decided to start dinner. Ate about 3/4 cup of couscous, three organic Applegate Farms chicken tenders, three of Dr Praeger’s sweet potato littles, and two kiwis.
6:30pm: Headed out to Kroger to pick up eggs and strawberries.
7:15pm: Got home and chatted with Jon on the phone.
7:30pm: Cleaned up my house!
8pm: Bachelor in Paradise! Felt thankful that even with these pregnancy hormones, I’m not as crazy as half these girls on the show. No wonder they’re still single.
9pm: Cleaned up my bedroom and put laundry away and unpacked from the weekend.
9:45pm: Got ready for bed while I hardboiled eggs for work. (They weren’t boiled enough, which is randomly happening even though I make my hardboiled eggs the exact same every. single. time.)
10:20pm: Chatted on the phone with Jon.
10:45pm: Bed time! But I didn’t fall asleep since I was so busy peeing for the next two hours. The joys of being pregnant.
And now, for a totally random survey just to throw in here!
- How much water do you a drink a day? It totally depends. Some days I probably drink about 40 oz, and then other days I probably drink close to 120 oz. I definitely drink more on days that I work.
- What is your favorite workout? CrossFit style workouts.
- What is your favorite fruit? I’ve always been a big berry girl (strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries mostly), but lately I’ve been really wanting grapes. Grapes seem to be my pregnancy fruit.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Sweet potatoes and any squashy veggie! Love butternut squash, spaghetti squash, pumpkin, and zucchini.
- What are your favorite healthy snacks? Lately I’ve been loving cottage cheese and grapes. Typically, fruit. I also eat a lot of dates stuffed with cream cheese.
- What do you usually eat for lunch? Totally depends. At work, I always try to eat a meat (although this one has been cut out since being pregnant, but now that my major food aversions are gone, I want to get back to this), a veggie, and a fruit. I’ll occasionally do two veggies or two fruits.
- What is your favorite and least body part to train? I don’t specifically train my back cause I don’t enjoy it, but I get in plenty of back work with other lifts and pull-ups. So that’d probably be the least favorite. I love legs, arms, shoulders, and abs…
- What are your ‘bad’ food cravings? Chocolate. And Zukerino’s baklava.
- How often do you eat out? Depends. Some weeks, once. Other weeks, 3-4 times. We used to rarely eat out, but especially since being pregnant, I haven’t wanted to actually cook my food. I would get nauseated by the time my food finished cooking, so we’ve been eating out more lately.
- How do you stay motivated? Honestly, it’s not that hard. I see so many people who haven’t taken care of themselves in my field of nursing and I know I don’t want to live like that. I feel better when I’m eating healthy and working out, so I want to do those things.
- Who is your biggest supporter? In working out? Myself. If I was part of a something where I ran races or competed in CrossFit still, I’m sure Jon would be there for me. But I tend to have a more relaxed approach. Jon definitely supports my activity (and has never even questioned by $120 a month in gym memberships) but I don’t think he cares if I’m active or not.
- Do you have a gym membership? Yup! I use ClassPass which I absolutely love, and then I also have an LA Fitness membership for days where I just want to do my own thing or go on an off time.
- How often do you work out? I try for 4 times a week, but sometimes it’s once a week and sometimes it’s 5. I rarely work out on work days, so almost never more than 4… I’d say consistently 3-4 days, which I have really found is perfect for me.
- Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ workout type of person? Both. I used to only like night workouts, but on my days off, I’ve gotten into the habit of doing 10am workouts and getting them out of the way. I also enjoy noon workouts. But I feel like I have more energy and get in better, more productive gym time in the evening.
- Do you have a “cheat” day? I don’t need them. I don’t eat nearly as strict as I used to, and even when I was a strict Paleo person, I never thought of them as cheats. It was just me choosing not to adhere to my strict eating habits.