Love me some WEEKENDS!

I’ll update on my weekend while I have things to talk about, instead of posting all of my trip photos now. Besides, I’m not even 1/4 way into my trip photos yet so I have a ways to go still!

I was so excited to be off all weekend long! I worked until 7pm on Friday, but I was so excited about being in town for a weekend then I met up with Laura even though I was exhausted! I have a feeling my stories made no sense after a crazy few days at work, but whatever. We ran to Target and then grabbed a Greek dinner out on a patio. It was perfect weather and I was so happy to be sitting outside! We had to get some ice cream to finish off the night, of course! (So much for eating healthy only.)

I was out the door by 9:30 on Saturday morning to make it to the gym! First day back in three weeks! I had a really good arm workout, despite the millions of people all over the gym. I made a pit stop at Costco and then decided to meet up with Gina since we’re working on planning Kassie’s Bachelorette party! I think Jon was a little bummed that I canceled our hangout day (but I just spent over two weeks with him nonstop!!!!), so I decided to grab some coffee with him before heading downtown.

We got our usual Land of a Thousand Hills, but it was a beautiful day outside so we finally sat on the porch! We haven’t had a coffee date in awhile because of our trip and our work schedules, so it was nice to be at our usual place together!


After coffee, I went downtown for my planning session with Gina! We met at her mom and dad’s condo in downtown Atlanta since she was cat sitting there and went to the pool before we started planning! Unfortunately, we didn’t get much planned because during our planning session, Kassie’s maid of honor told us that she was going to talk to Kassie about switching the weekend of the bachelorette party! We called it a day after throwing around some ideas and took Gina’s dog on a walk, and then I decided to finally head home to spend some time with Jon.


I signed up for a kickball team in Atlanta and I am really horrible at sports, so Jon and I went to a park on Saturday night so I could practice! I actually had a ton of fun and while I was pretty bad, I wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought I’d be! But I definitely irritated my hip again from throwing the ball and I was limping when I got to work today. Is this dang thing ever going to get 100% better?! UGH!

Sunday morning, Jon was up and headed out for a bike ride when I got out of bed at 9am. I decided to hit up the gym for a leg day and there was hardly anybody there! A huge difference between Saturday and Sunday mornings! I remember thinking that last time too, but I guess I forgot! I wasn’t there long (long enough to get my legs nice and sore though), and then I came home to eat breakfast and went to the pool for 30 minutes before showering to meet up with Crista.

Crista and I went to a craft fair downtown. I took MARTA and when I got out of the station, a homeless man offered to walk me to the freight depot where the show was. He seemed totally nice, but I remained pretty hypervigilant the whole time cause I totally wondered if he was going to have his homeboys jump out from behind a building and kill me. The area is pretty sketchy around there and all the people were pretty sketchy looking too. The guy took me safely to my destination, so I gave him $6 for the walk that my GPS was directing me on, despite his insistence that my GPS would take me to the wrong place.


I arrived at the craft show and spent a few hours with Crista there. It wasn’t anything major, but it was still neat to see. It was good at see Crista at least, even if craft shows may not totally be my thing. I appreciate that people hand make such neat things, but I’m not really okay with paying $75 for a plain necklace. Crista and I went back to her house and sat outside until Jon came to pick me up!

Jon and I went to dinner at my mom and dad’s house. It was good to see them since it has been a few weeks! We spent 1 1/2 hours looking at trip photos after dinner and only made it half way through the 4th day! I guess that’s what happens when I have over 3,000 photos! And Jon likes to tell stories to go with our photos, so it takes longer. We didn’t get home till late and then I caught up on trash TV shows since I called our TV on Sunday night!

Today was back to work for a full day in the children’s ER, thankfully! I was so unbelievably happy to see my name on the board with the kids all day on a Monday! The adult waiting room had over 50 people in it when I left and we were holding 24 admission holds when we got there this morning! We were set in the children’s ER!

Trip updates and other random updates to come!

One thought on “Love me some WEEKENDS!

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! That coffee looks so good! I wish we had something like that here. Just chains unless you go into Boston. Maybe you want to get your hip checked out, make sure you didn’t tear anything. That sucks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s