I’m about to hop in the shower so Jon and I can spend some time together tonight before I head to bed! But I’m having a total career dilemma!
Jessica (my travel buddy) messaged me the other day saying she isn’t going to go on another assignment with me. Honestly, I saw it coming. I could tell by her texts that something was off and I’m totally fine with it. However, she was my extra push to get me back out there on a third (and last) assignment.
So now, it’s back to me. I have to decide what to do. I have some pros and cons in my head to consider.
1. PRO: I LOVE traveling! I want to see another state (Colorado is high on my list) and if I traveled again, I would save up enough money for Jon and I to either explore the northern states at the end of the summer or to take a trip to the Netherlands.
2. PRO: I’d get experience again in another ER, which I really do love and think is important for my future in management.
3. PRO: My family lives in Colorado and I’d (most likely) have a free place to stay and I’d get to spend time with them!
4. PRO: I LOVED Colorado! Does that go with the love traveling part? Whatever. I love it. I just freaking love everything about traveling.
5. PRO: I’d get to leave my job again temporarily and I welcome any and all breaks from my busy ER at home!
6. CON: I never knew I’d like being married so much and I’m dreading having to go back to being without my husband again.
7. CON: Kassie’s wedding is this summer and I want to be home for all of the events leading up to it! I can’t ensure that I’d make it to everything if I was on another assignment.
8. CON: It may be my last summer off before going to grad school and having a baby, so I kind of want to enjoy the time relaxing at home- with my friends and family. (Also, maybe that is a pro for traveling too- it’s the LAST TIME I will be able to travel like this for many years to come.)
9: CON: If I leave, I can’t work on getting a second job. I just applied to med surg jobs in the area because I need to expand my knowledge base before I get a master’s and want to get into management. I’d like to get comfortable in a second job before going back to grad school.
10: RANDOM: Who even knows if I’m going to get accepted into grad school in the fall?! Not me!
11: CON: I’m feeling ready to get more settled in life- with Jon, with my jobs, with everything.
12: CON: I’m not excited about having to relearn another ER and meet all new people in the workplace again!
13: CON: I’d be at this alone again! No travel buddy!
So that’s the list. Cons seem to win out, but my desire to travel is definitely there. I almost just want to suck it up and get on with it! I started my app for Colorado today (it’s only $50!) but still need to complete it and mail in my verification of licensure to the state of Georgia. I know this is my last chance at traveling for right now. I don’t know if I’m ready to pass that up.
Ugh, decisions decisions!
Off to shower and hang out with Jon!