1. I don’t think I’ve included this yet in my blog, but Jon is making the drive home with me! I have 19 days until he gets to Portland and I am way beyond excited! I was fine (missing him, of course, but nothing too crazy) until we booked his ticket to Portland and now that’s just about all I can think about! If you ever want to know how to make your first year of marriage work, just separate! Distance makes the heart grow fonder! Now I can enjoy my nightly hotel Forensic Files on the way home because I’ll have him to protect me and keep me safe!
2. My oldest sister is coming to an area close to Seattle next week with her fiancé! Hopefully the staffing coordinator at work will approve me to swap shifts with another girl so that I can actually go see her! It would be awesome to see Seattle (and I’m thinking I may spend the day beforehand up there too) and get to see my sister too!
3. My hip is finally getting better! I’ve been able to squat down at work without having any pain and I’ve noticed a decrease in the pain while I’m in bed (laying flat on my back and lifting my leg has been consistently very painful- finally improving!)! I may try to go to the gym this weekend and see how it feels there! I’ve noticed that every time it gets irritated, there’s a noticeable improvement in it when the irritation goes away. I won’t be going too crazy, but since I need to cancel my gym membership anyway, I might as well try to get a workout in! I’m really hoping to start squatting again by the first of the year, but I want to make sure I have a few weeks without pain first and I’ll most definitely be starting out at a very light weight (or no weight) and building back up.
4. While my hip is better, I’ve had a lot of left knee pain lately. I don’t know if I was somehow compensating for my hip on that side (thought my hip hasn’t bothered my while walking for awhile) or if my work shoes are screaming at my and telling me that they need to be replaced. Or maybe I just twisted it when I was getting out of the car and didn’t notice. Who knows! Not too concerned, but I’m tellin’ ya, I’m really feeling like my body is going downhill in my late 20s!
5. My roommate is making some Thanksgiving dinner in the crockpot and it smells amazing. I may have peeked in it (I know, you aren’t supposed to open a crockpot or it adds 30 minutes to the cooking time- or maybe that’s a lie- but I know she’s going to be cooking it plenty long enough tonight!) and saw turkey, stuffing, and green beans! What an awesome idea.
6. I got off work 1 1/2 hours early tonight. I normally wouldn’t have accepted an offer to leave early (I owe money if I’m short on hours), but I’m working Saturday night for a few hours for somebody and this allows me to give her another 1 1/2 hours off to spend with her husband! I’ll be heading down to bed in a few! It’s getting late.
7. I think my hormones have finally evened out after going off my birth control. I haven’t cried in awhile, so I’m hoping I’m back to normal! I can’t be crying regularly- that’s just not me!
8. BED TIME!