I thought I’d do a quick, random post! With numbers, of course!
1. I absolutely love it when Jon sends me cat pictures! I think him and Tom are the cutest buddies ever! I’m so excited to get home to these three! 7 more days!
2. Martha’s Vineyard Gourmet Cafe and Bakery seriously makes the best donuts ever! I’m really picky about my donuts too! That coconut donut was the best thing ever and look at the size of that apple fritter! I’ve been eating it for 3 days and shared it with 2 other people and it’s still not gone!
3. I finally bought a notebook and some pencils so I started studying for the GRE! I feel like the biggest idiot. Prime factorization? What? Fun fact: I never took college algebra (and yes, I have a bachelor’s degree). Reverting back to math I learned back in high school sure isn’t easy! And my smart husband is all the way down in Georgia and can’t help me anymore!
Also on the grad school front, I’ve been looking into grad programs. I had been pretty set on getting my MSN (nursing) in healthcare administration and leadership. Come to find out, there’s an MHA (master’s of healthcare administration) degree! I’m thinking an MHA may be more applicable outside of just the nursing arena, but then again, I want to stay inside of hospitals. That could change in the future though. The only drawback of the MHA is that it’s $20,000 more than the MSN and I am not taking out loans for grad school! Also, I could actually get my MSN for cheaper if I went to a school like Walden, but I think I want my degree from a “real” school. Doesn’t spending $40,000 on education sound insane?! (The answer is yes.)
4. I really miss cooking in my own kitchen! I’ve been making it work while I’m in Massachusetts and thankfully, Diane has everything that I really need, but it’s not the same. I’m also really getting good at not wasting food, which is surely saving me money! She also goes to bed around 8:30 since she works so early, so my cooking all has to be done fairly early and that’s the hard part for me!
5. I obviously always love my cutest nephew ever! My sister wouldn’t paint his toenails so he did it himself! I wish I could see his cute little face more often! I’m considering taking a last travel assignment in Wisconsin and staying with my aunts or my sister so that I can save some big money (for that $40,000 degree).
7. I made it to CrossFit yesterday. I skipped today because I was tired and also because today’s WOD included 21-15-9 of push presses, which makes no sense to me after yesterday.