Life over the last 2 weeks!

It’s been two weeks since I’ve last posted! Life has been so busy! I drove down to Orlando for a surprise bachelorette cruise. The cruise is for Jessie, who is Jon’s best friend’s fiance, and also the girl half of the couple that Jon and I visited in Italy. I was a little hesitant about going because although I can definitely carry my own in a conversation, I’m not a typical “girl,” or so I’ve been told. So I think I have a harder time connecting with girls, but this has definitely improved as ?I’ve gotten older (and dropped the F word from my regular vocabulary and became a little bit more of a lady). Since it was a surprise for Jessie, I met up with all of her friends in the morning at Meagan’s house in Orlando. I realized that not everybody knew each other, although I was the only one who didn’t know anybody other than Jessie (10 of us went). It ended up being perfectly fine. All the girls were really awesome and I felt comfortable around all of them. Even better, not all of them were big drinkers! Since alcohol makes me feel sick at this ripe old age of 27, this was definitely a pleasant surprise.

It was my first cruise, which overall was fun, but not really my favorite experience for traveling. I didn’t find it that relaxing (waiting in line for food?! no thanks!) and I like more freedom and less tourists when I’m on the beach, but I’m so glad I went. I loved being able to be there for Jessie’s bachelorette party and meeting all those girls made me even more excited for the wedding. And experiencing my first cruise was interesting and also REALLY rocky. Luckily I never got sea sick, but a few of the girls did. I did however, get a nice nasty cold on the boat. It’s like being on an airplane, all dry and closed in. So I ended up pretty miserably sick by the time I got home.

After I got back (after a nice 8 hour drive), I went to dinner with Jon and we went grocery shopping. We got in a little argument because I’m a little less than pleasant when I’m stressed and sick, but thankfully the man handles me like a champ. I spent Monday and Tuesday studying nonstop, and then worked twelve hours on Wednesday and studied more on Wednesday night. Thursday I had to work 7-3, and I ended up not leaving till after 3:30 because nobody came to get report on my patients, so I crammed a little more before my test and went to class. I think all went pretty well, but glad that test is over.

Jon and I decided to hit up the last Braves game since I was out of class by 6:05 and had time to go down to Georgia State to pick him up. The weather was amazing! I can’t believe it was our last game of 2013 though! We won’t be doing any playoff games cause they’re expensive and Jon and I rarely have a schedule that allows us to both do something fun at the same time, but I guess we’ll just have to go to 2014 games when the time comes!

Yesterday I was off, but it was my first day off in forever. I went running (2.68 miles in 25:08) and then went to the gym. Unfortunately, I had a decent breakfast but then my errands took way longer than expected, so by the time I made it to the gym, I was just dead tired. I did a few weights and then went home and napped until it was time to meet Laura for dinner. I did manage to get an iPhone 5 yesterday, which I’m excited about. I’m not a techy type person, but I had an iPhone 4 running on 3g, so it was getting super slow and kept freezing up on me. I feel pretty fancy with this new phone though. The only downfall is that it’s a 5c cause they didn’t have any 5 models left, and the phone is a different shape than the 5 and 5s so the cases will be hard to find. I bought one at the store that I happen to like, so I guess I’ll just keep it for awhile!

Today I worked 7-3 and then fell asleep on the couch for a bit. I went for a walk at Riverside Park which is my favorite place to go running. I wasn’t feeling great or I would have gone for a run, but I just wanted to enjoy the weather. I had planned on going to left after, but the gym apparently closes at 8 on Saturdays and I pulled up at 7:45. Bummer. So I grocery shopped instead and now I’m in the middle of some lab homework. I’m about to go have a late night dinner with Crista at a diner in Buckhead and then maaaybe go to a Korean bath, but I’m feeling cheap after paying bills and don’t know if I want to do the bath tonight anyway.

Tomorrow will be another busy day of errands and then I have to work 7p-3a. This was totally not exciting and I was planning on adding pictures of the cruise and dinner last night, but I really just don’t feel like it. Sorry guys.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s